Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fun DIY Baby Boy Gift!


I have done so many baby girl DIY projects and am so happy that I finally have friends having a little boy that I can try out some of my cool baby boy projects on. This project was pretty easy but does require a little bit of sewing.
I used 1 yard of the brown fabric, 1 yard of the packer fleece and 1/4 yard of the white fleece. To cut the football shape, I folded the rectangular piece of fabric in half the long way and then in half the short way and rounded the corners to make it look like a pie slice. Then I placed the brown folded pie piece over the packer folded fabric and cut an identical pie slice. My outer white stripes were two inches wide and sewn about 10 inches from the ends. The inner stripes for the laces were one inch wide and about 4 inches long. I eyeballed the lengths for all the of the laces and moved them around the blanket until they looked like they were in the right location and were the right length. I sewed the white fleece on to the brown first and then put the two right sides together and sewed the football almost all the way around. Then flipped it right side out and finished it off.It was a pretty simple project that made a great gift for a sporty little guy. I got the directions for this project from here. My next project will be to make Brewer baseball and Badger basketball blankets! More to come on that!



No comments:

Post a Comment