Monday, July 1, 2013

Never Too Young for an Art Project!

This year was my husband's first Father's Day and I wanted to make sure that he got a homemade gift from his daughter. I know that there's not much a 4 month old can make in terms of a gift but I knew if I got creative, I could come up with something that he could keep to remember his first Father's Day.
So we got out the paper and paint and got to work! I painted her hands and feet and after numerous attempts, I was able to get some prints that looked like real body parts! It was a great sensory activity for her as well. She loved the way the paint felt and was very curious about how different her hands looked purple! I cut out the successful prints and taped them in the card. Then I gave Joanna a pen and let her scribble on the front and to sign her name. Personally, I think this is way better than a store bought card! Here's the final product:
Pretty good homemade gift for a 4 month old!





No comments:

Post a Comment